Shimano Dura-Ace R9100 11-Speed Groupset
The jewel in Shimano's crown, the Dura-Ace range does not need an introduction. Favoured by the majority of teams in the pro peloton, the Dura-Ace 11-speed groupset emulates its predecessor. Every component in this Dura-Ace groupset has been re-engineered for optimal weight savings alongside maximum energy output with minimal loss through friction or non-compliant components. The result is a beautiful marriage of stiffness with weight-savings.
Dura-Ace R9100 Crankset
The Shimano Dura-Ace R9100 Crankset received a complete re-design. Now featuring Shimano's iconic 4-arm hollow spider that is made from hollow-forged aluminium, the crankset has a perfect balance of low weight and stiffness.
Despite looking visually bigger, the overall weight of this Dura-Ace crankset has decreased by seven grams and compliments an increase in stiffness. This Dura-Ace crankset has evolved and can be teamed with disc brake road bikes.
Dura-Ace R9100 Crankset Features:
- Enhanced design saves 7g while maintaining rigidity
- Iconic 4-arm construction maintains high rigidity and reduces weight
- Optimised crank arm design strengthens key stress zones
- New chainring tooth profile is adapted for race bike specific disc brake systems
- Accommodates shorter chainstays (410mm) with 135mm OLD
- Hollowglide chainring construction maintains smooth shifting whilst reducing weight and increasing stiffness
Dura-Ace R9100 2x11sp STI Shifter Set
Like the crankset, these Dura-Ace 9100 shifters have received an overhaul to improve ergonomics and shifting efficiency. The re-designed brake hoods are now more comfortable to grip, especially for those with smaller hands. The shifters also offer up to 14mm of reach adjustment.
The rear shifter features an improved lever stroke that is shorter than previous editions. This allows for quicker shifts and requires less effort from the rider. The front shifter features a lighter lever swing for a more linear stroke.
Dura-Ace R9100 2x11sp STI Shifter Set Features:
- Pattern hood design offers better grip in all conditions
- Quick and intuitive rear shifting operation
- Shorter lever stroke
- Redesigned internal shifting unit
- Lighter front shifting operation
- Comfortable grip and operation
- More customisable and precise lever position
- Expanded reach adjustment range (14mm)
Weight: 365g (Pair)
Dura-Ace R9100 Rear Derailleur
The Dura-Ace R9100 rear derailleur takes the Shadow technology from its mountain bike range and introduces it to the road. The shadow design places the rear derailleur under the chainstay and cassette to give a slimmer profile, which not only helps with aerodynamics but also offers extra protection in crashes.
The Shadow design offers faster wheel changes thanks to the fact that it moves the derailleur out of the way of the dropouts. It also offers faster and more precise shifting than ever before.
Dura-Ace R9100 Rear Derailleur Features:
Maximum Sprocket: 30t
Minimum Sprocket: 11t
Maximum Front Difference: 16t
Total Capacity: 35t
- Stable shifting performance
- Pulley maintains the same distance to the cog as you shift
- Shimano Shadow RD construction
- Low profile rear derailleur design
- Race endurance for less damage in crash
- Adapted for race specific frame design
Dura-Ace R9100 11-speed Braze On Front Mech
The Dura-Ace R9100 front mech has been redesigned to be smaller, more efficient and provide faster and crisper shifting. The internal toggle mechanism provides greater clearance for larger tyres and it now features a built in cable tension adjustment bolt meaning there is no need for inline barrel adjusters.
Dura-Ace R9100 11-speed Braze On Front Mech Features:
Top Gear Teeth: 46-55t
Chainstay Angle: 61-66
Chain Line: 43.5
- Lighter and intuitive shifting operation
- Natural front shift lever stroke
- More ergonomic power curve
- Precise & easy front derailleur set up
- More cable routing options
- Integrated cable tension adjustment
- New link (Toggle) construction means there is no need for TL-FD90 and turning converter assembling
- Adjustable cable tension on the front derailleur
- Adapted for race specific frame design
Dura-Ace R9100 Road Brake Caliper Set
The Dura-Ace 9100 brakes have been developed to offer greater tyre clearance for up to 28c tyres while still maintaining the aerodynamic advantage of previous editions. They are now also up to 43% stiffer than previous Dura-Ace brake calipers and offer a linear braking curve for improved feel and function.
Dura-Ace R9100 Road Brake Caliper Set Features:
Mount Type: SLR EV Dual Pivot
- The best balance between rigidity, weight and stopping power
- More predictable, linear braking curve
- Clear contact feeling with better linearity
- More aerodynamic QR lever
- Sleek design
- Less gap between each arm
- Better clearance with wider tyre (up to 28c)
Weight: 326g (Pair)
Dura-Ace R9100 Cassette
Shimano have retained the traditional close ratio cassettes from previous editions of Dura-Ace, but with the new R9100 groupset they have introduced a wide range 11-30T cassette. All cassettes in the range will be compatible with the one rear derailleur so you can easily swap your cassettes out based on terrain.
The cassette is manufactured from a lightweight alloy and carbon fibre spider that houses alloy sprockets. The 5 largest sprockets are manufactured from titanium to keep the weight low. The sprockets are also extensively cut away and drilled to further reduce weight without reducing rigidity.
The very best and quickest shifts are optimised thanks to the Hyperglide EV sprockets that have a computer designed tooth configuration with contoured shift gates.
Dura-Ace R9100 Cassette Features:
- Hyperglide EV sprockets have a computer designed tooth configuration with contoured shift gates, resulting in a crisp smooth shift even under load
- Close ratio gearing allows a more efficient use of energy through finer cadence control
- Largest sprockets are mounted on lightweight alloy and carbon carriers to reduce weight and increase rigidity
- 5 largest sprockets are made from titanium to reduce weight without sacrificing strength
- Sprockets are extensively cut away and drilled to further reduce weight without reducing rigidity
- Nickel-plated finish offers hard wearing resistance to corrosion
- Alloy cassette lockring
Weight: 175g (11-25t), 193g (11-28t), 211g (11-30t), 189g (12-25t), 205g (12-28t)
Dura Ace 11-speed Chain CN-9000 114 Links
The new symmetrical 11-speed Dura-Ace chain uses hollow pins for a light weight, PTFE coating for smooth shifts and offers increased durability.
Dura Ace 11-speed Chain CN-9000 114 Links Features:
- PTFE coating
- Increased durability (vs. CN-7900)
Please note that this groupset does not come supplied with outer cables.